Dear Parents / Guardians and Gymnasts,
Newcastle sports injury clinic have teamed up with the City of Newcastle Gymnastics Academy to ensure that all gymnasts receive the very best level of physiotherapy care. We want all gymnasts to minimise the risk of injury and if they are unlucky enough to pick up an injury, we aim to return them to training and competition as soon as possible.
Who we are?
We have been established for over 15 years and have provided physiotherapy support to elite athletes from a wide array of sports. We currently manage the physiotherapy services for Newcastle and Northumbria Universities elite sport programmes. We have also worked with Dance City for a number of years. Many of our therapists have also competed at the highest level therefore we can guarantee that we will understand your desire to return to competition as soon as possible. Our therapists are committed to providing a diagnosis and then working with the gymnast to ensure they return to full competition. When appropriate, we will work with coaches to ensure that any injuries are rehabilitated appropriately and all coaches are informed about an appropriate return to training and competition.
Booking in at Newcastle Sports Injury Clinic
- Simply call 0191 233 0500 and our reception staff will ensure you are seen as soon as possible, we can normally offer an appointment within 24 hours of the initial telephone call. Emergency appointments can also be arranged if you are particularly concerned about a problem.
- We are open 8:00 - 19:30 Monday to Thursday, 8:00 - 17:00 on Fridays and 9:00 - 13:00 on Saturdays.
- Appointments can be booked at the following addresses:
- Newcastle Sports Injury Clinic, 6 Saville Place, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE1 8DQ
- Newcastle Sports Injury Clinic (Jesmond Clinic), Newcastle Clinic, 4 Towers Avenue, NE2 3QE
- Alnwick Physiotherapy Clinic, Willowburn Sports and Leisure Centre, Willowburn Avenue, NE66 2JH
- In order to receive your discount at the clinic, you will need to show your valid British Gymnastics membership card at each appointment. This will give you 33% off our standard physiotherapy consultation fee.
Free telephone advice by our specialist physiotherapists
We are also offering members of the City of Newcastle Gymnastics Academy an opportunity to benefit from our complementary telephone triage service. You can telephone the clinic and gain direct telephone access to a physiotherapist. They will want to know as much information as possible and you will receive specific advice on the correct management of any problems. This process ensures that you receive the very best advice as soon as the injury occurs. This will mean that you return to competition as soon as possible.
The costs of treatment:
30 minute physiotherapy assessment £26 (Standard fee £39)
30 minute follow up treatment £26 (Standard fee £39)
Telephone triage consultation Free to British Gymnastics members
30 minute sports massage £25
If you have any queries please contact the clinic on 0191 233 0500 and we will answer any
queries that you may have. For additional information about the clinic please visit
Chris Barrett BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
Newcastle Sports Injury Clinic